WP Amortization Calculator Translation using the included .pot file
Starting with version 1.5.1 we have WPML compatibility built in. All output text can be set to your desired text/language in the backend settings but we also have a WPML mapping set up that marks those strings in case you are using WPML for multiple languages and makes it easy for WPML to know which database strings to translate.
The following information will show you how to translate the plugin into your language and with version 1.5.1 these are only for the backend of the plugin since all other.
- Create a po file for your language, for example shmac-de_DE.po
- Copy all text from provided plugin pot file (shmac.pot) into your po file
- Edit the po file with poedit http://www.poedit.net/
- Create the mo file
- Name your translation files with WP Amortization Calculator text domain e.g. shmac-de_DE.po and shmac-de_DE.mo and save in the plugin lang directory.
- Edit wp-config.php file in your installation and set WPLANG so it matches your languages: define(‘WPLANG’, ‘de_DE’); or WordPress v4+ set the variable locale to your language in the wp-config.php file $locale = ‘de_DE’;
Note: As of WordPress 4.0+ you can set your language in the WordPress Settings instead of editing the wp-config.php (step 6).
Plugin should now display all messages in your language.
— BACKUP YOUR LANGUAGE PO/MO FILES —
On a plugin update, language files are NOT preserved.
You will need to manually restore your po/mo files right after the update.